PVR vs Oculus Quest2

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Christian Le Gouill

Dear Dr Durrant,

I think PVR is a great idea. However, I did not manage to have the 3D mode working on my Oculus Quest2. I can load the structure (I tried 3ab3) and see it in 2D but none of the two 3D modes give me a 3D molecule. I used the default Oculus browser, should I install an other one?

It is possible to reassign the active buttons used on the controllers?

Best Regards,
      Christian

Jacob Durrant
      Keymaster

Hi Christian. Thanks for your interest in ProteinVR. I tested your protein on the Oculus browser. The frame rate wasn’t as high as I hoped, but it did work. I wonder if your device might be underpowered in terms of memory. What kind of Oculus headset do you have? Thanks.

Christian Le Gouill

Hi Dr Durrant,

I’m using an Oculus Quest2 128GB. I’m running proteinVR directly in the web browser that comes with my Oculus system. Maybe I would need to run it on my PC and then cast it on the Oculus via "Oculus Desktop" or using a USB cable?

Best Regards,
      Christian

Christian Le Gouill

I found the problem… If I maximize the display and then try to go 3D, it does not work. If I go 3D directly w/o maximizing, it works. I just need to get use to the controls but it should be fine now.

Thank you for your help and for this nice and useful app.

Best regards,
      Christian

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘PVR vs Oculus Quest2’ is closed to new replies.