Windows import

• This topic has 8 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year ago by .
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Christophe Lachance-Brais

First, thanks for the awesome add-on! The beautiful images light up the crowd in presentations! I am currently working with an artist, which has Windows 10 and blender 2.80 , and after installing your add-on 1.3 and VMD 1.9.3 , cannot import neither .vmd nor .pdb files. The .vmd files make empty scenes, while the .pdb generates this error message : ”
      Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Users\zxmag\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\blendmol-1_3__init__.py", line 467, in execute
      vmd.run_external_program(vmd_exec_path)
      File "C:\Users\zxmag\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\blendmol-1_3\VMD.py", line 488, in run_external_program
      subprocess.check_call(cmd)
      File "E:\blender-2.80-windows64\blender-2.80-windows64\2.80\python\lib\subprocess.py", line 328, in check_call
      raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
      subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command ‘[‘C:/Program Files/VMD/vmd.exe’, ‘-dispdev’, ‘text’, ‘-e’, ‘C:/Users/zxmag/AppData/Local/Temp/tmpedh2ybu2/vmd.vmd’]’ returned non-zero exit status 3221226356.

Could you help us with this issue?
      Thank you again for your cool work!

ikk6
      Keymaster

Hello. I do not have Windows computer to test at the moment, but is ‘C:/Program Files/VMD/vmd.exe’ the correct path to VMD executable? Does ‘C:/Users/zxmag/AppData/Local/Temp/tmpedh2ybu2/vmd.vmd’ exists? Maybe them should change the file location for testing purposes. I would suggest somewhere in the user home directory.

Jeran

I also have the same issue as Christophe. Any resolution?

Marcos

I also have the same problem after trying on two different computers. But it is something weird, sometimes it seems to work correctly on one of my computer. Any resolution?

Riccardo

Thanks for this useful add-on!
      I also have the same problem as Christophe. Could you help me with this issue?

ikk6
      Keymaster

Please when asking questions mention your blender version and operating system so that I can try to reproduce the error.

Riccardo

I am using Blender 3.2.2, VMD 1.9.4a53 and my operating system is Windows 11.
      When I try to import a pdb/vmd file, it shows same error posted by Christophe.
      Thanks!

ikk6
      Keymaster

And is it the same return code you are getting? I.e. exit status 3221226356?
      Riccardo, please confirm that you have the correct path to vmd executable set in the plugin preferences.

Riccardo

Yes, I am getting the same exit status. Also, I confirm that I have the correct path to vmd.exe in the plugin references.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘BlendMol’ is closed to new topics and replies.