different pocket results from same structure

Computer-Aided Drug Design at the Durrant Lab Forums FPocketWeb different pocket results from same structure

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      David Oppenheimer

I have 2 pdb files that I have used for fpocket analysis. These are not identical files (the b-factor values are different), but when I check the RMSD in ChimeraX, the result is 0.000. However, when screened on fpocket web, file #1 shows the best pocket to be:
      Pocket 1 :
      Score : 0.459
      Druggability Score : 0.798
      Number of Alpha Spheres : 91

Whereas when file #2 is screened, it gives the best pocket as:
      Pocket 1 :
      Score : 0.665
      Druggability Score : 0.503
      Number of Alpha Spheres : 52

The pockets are in the same area of the protein, though.

These values seem significantly different from each other considering the RMSD of the 2 structures is 0. Do entries in the B-factor column of the pdb file affect the scoring?

Any insight welcome. Thank you for your help.

Jacob Durrant
      Keymaster

Hi David. Thanks for reaching out re. your FPocketWeb results. Nothing in our implementation of fpocket (FPocketWeb) introduces a random element, so I would guess that fpocket itself, the program on which our project is based, is non-deterministic.

To get a more definitive answer, I recommend contacting the developers of the original fpocket program. They would have a deeper understanding of the code base and could provide insights into any non-deterministic factors that may influence the scoring differences you saw.

I hope this information helps! Thanks again for your interest in FPocketWeb.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘different pocket results from same structure’ is closed to new replies.